Send More Interested Prospects to Your Website
Search engine optimization, the "holy grail" of internet marketing. What a concept. Pay an SEO consultant or firm to "optimize" your website and watch those "free rankings" bring in crowds of ready buyers to your website.
Hopefully, that's not your perception of search engine optimization. Just in case, though, let's be clear about what an effective SEO campaign can and cannot do for your website.
In reality, to have worthwhile impact, a web page must achieve a ranking somewhere in the top 20 – maybe top 30 – for a search term with considerable search volume. And if you want those visitors to convert to customers, those search terms should probably be more than just information gatherers.
Even with a superb search optimization campaign, you may not see tangible results for many months in some search engines – especially if you have a relatively new website. Search engines, especially Google, usually rank older sites with more established links higher in the rankings.
You also must be prepared to develop a considerable amount of content. If you are in a competitive search market, small websites will struggle for high rankings against their larger counterparts. For Google, larger sites have more overall PageRank which helps them in the search engine results pages (SERPs). Also, the larger amount of content increases the likelihood the search engines will find some of your web pages they "like" to rank high in the (SERPs).
As long as you have the right expectations, though, search engine optimization can be an effective marketing tool for many companies and firms and help boost your bottom-line profits. Once you have an established, optimized site with considerable content, you will generate a steady flow of "free" visitors to your website. If you've built your website around conversion best practices, some of these "free" visitors from the search engines could very well turn into customers.
A well-optimized site for the search engines has what we call the 4C's of Web SEO:
- Crawlability – does your site structure and navigation make it easy for search spiders to crawl your website and index a large percentage of your web pages?
- Clickability – are your page titles, descriptions and file names worded effectively so searchers will click on your listings among all of your competitors in the SERPs?
- Content – do your pages contain enough unique, quality, relevant, and properly linked content that both human visitors and search spiders will find interesting?
- Conversion – is your site built to persuade different personality types and modalities to take action once they land on your web pages?
Terrakon would love the opportunity to help with your website search engine optimization.
A list of some of the things we can do with our search consulting services:
- Identify your measurable objectives for an SEO project
- Identify your competitive business environment
- Extensive analysis of keyword phrases
- Optimize page titles and meta descriptions
- Measure keyword phrase density versus the top ten in the SERPs
- Optimize internal link structures
- Optimize alt tags and images
- Optimize proximity for keyword phrases
- Optimize file names and file structure
10. Optimize header tags (H1, H2, etc.)
11. Evaluate site architecture and navigation
12. Facilitate content optimization
13. Sitemap development and submittal
14. Paid directory blurb optimization and submittals
15. Recommend link-building program
16. Recommend 301 redirects when needed
17. Web analytics recommendation or installation
18. Measure pre-defined objectives over time
19. Implement continuous improvement program
Web page optimization is a challenging endeavor. It takes a substantial initial effort and requires regular attention to maintain higher rankings once they are achieved. In the end, though, SEO can be an effective marketing tool in developing more leads that can turn into customers.
Call 1.800. 605. 4160, and press 1 - or email us today to chat about your needs.