Website Audit - Is Your Website Falling Short on ROI?
Well you have come to the right place. There could be many factors attributing to this and it is not always easy to figure out why a site is not performing, or “working” as it should. Terrakon's Website Audit can help you figure out why you are having nightmares, or anxiety attacks about your website.
It is possible that your site is simply old and outdated, and this combination pretty much shoots your marketing plan in the foot. In fact, “88% of adult online shoppers conduct some form of online research before making a purchase on the web, and Internet search engines, used by 67% of these shoppers, are the most popular research tool, says a new study from icrossing Inc.” (Internet Retailer, 2010).
So your site has a big job to do. First it must be findable, and second, it must be professional, clean, in good working order and serve to convince your visitors that you have the product or service for them. What is your site saying? Where is it failing? Why isn’t it “doing its job?” All of these questions can be answered through our Website Audit. Not only is the site’s look and feel examined, but so is its domain name, usability, navigation, content, layout, backend code, metadata, forms, browser compliance, extended functionality, etc.
Also included in the web design audit is a peak into what your competitors are doing online, and what they are doing to succeed. If your site came up against three sites of your competitors, how would yours fair? Are you leading the way, or falling terribly behind?
Here are some example categories and questions we examine and evaluate when executing our Website Audit:
Domain Name and URL:
- Is the URL short and memorable?
- Is a canonical URL set to convert site.com URLS to www.site.com URLs, or vice versa?
- Does the site have friendly URLS?
- Does the site function, display and behave properly across various browsers and platforms?
- Does the site have a visible address bar and status bar?
- Does the logo stand out clearly from other site content?
- Does the logo link to the home page sitewide?
- Are colors and typefaces consistent and thoughtfully utilized?
- Does the site have good on-page organization, placing information in a logical manner?
- Does the site have too many bells and whistles competing for the visitor’s attention?
- Does the site utilize a breadcrumb menu?
- Does the site have a sensible hierarchy structure?
- Is the site easy to navigate overall, and offer multiple paths, and ways to navigate the site?
- Does the site contain a search box in a consistent place, as well as provide a site map?
- Does the site indicate which page is being used?
- Does the content expose a need for a service or product to the visitor?
- Does the content utilize a reasonable amount of keyword usage such that it is written for humans and search engine spiders?
- Does it utilize too much industry jargon?
- Does the site utilize short paragraphs?
- Is the content organized with accurate headings, subheadings, bulleted and numbered lists, etc.?
Links & Buttons:
- Are all links consistently underlined and or color formatted?
- Is it easy to determine where clicking links will take the visitor?
Contact Terrakon to learn more about the Website Audit and to get your website looked at under our almighty magnifying glass.